ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.5.0 released
nomad at froevel.de
Thu Jun 11 20:43:54 CEST 2015
xfdashboard-0.5.0 "Feeling faster and smoother" was released on 2015-06-11.
This is a development release.
Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
Release notes for 0.5.0
* Added dependency to libxfce4util in configure script. The minimum
version required is 4.10.0
* Added new experimental code to delay window content creation. It
will make the application "feel" faster on machines with slow
graphics card (e.g. slow texture creation or uploading). A resume
queue was implemented which will create the window texture one
after one when the application is idle. This should help not to
block the application at start-up or when switching to workspaces
with many windows resulting in a "feeling" that the application is
faster and more responsive. To enable this experimental code the
enviroment variable XFDASHBOARD_WINDOW_CONTENT_RESUME_ON_IDLE must
be set to non-zero value when the application is started regardless
if stand-alone or daemon mode.
* New feature is a emblem effect called XfdashboardEmblemEffect.
This new effect allows an icon to be drawn over an actor and can
be added multiple times.
* Improved tooltip to behave more the tooltip known of GTK+.
* Improved search responsiveness by delaying initial search. But
this delay is turned off by default so it behave like before. The
delay can be configured in the settings. (GH #86)
* XfdashboardLiveWindow will now reflect window state changes like
urgent, minimized and pinned as CSS classes to get styles applied
at one or more of this states.
* The icon to show for an missing image can now be themed via the
property 'missing-icon-name' at XfdashboardImageContent. It is
not hard-coded to 'gtk-missing-image' anymore.
* Implemented a new themable property 'show-window-content' at
XfdashboardLiveWorkspace to manage if a workspace actor (e.g.
used in workspace selector) should show the window content of the
windows at this workspace or to show the windows' icon instead.
* Implemented also a new themable property 'background-image-type'
at XfdashboardLiveWorkspace which behaves like the property
'background-image-type' at XfdashboardStage(Interface). (GH #81)
* Implemented a new property 'show-current-monitor-only' at
XfdashboardWorkspaceSelector to limit the windows to show at
XfdashboardLiveWorkspace to the windows of the monitor where the
selector is placed on. This feature can only be enabled in layout
but not in CSS. All themes enable this feature. (GH #87)
* Implemented a new signal 'window-monitor-changed' at window tracker
to signal that a window has moved from one monitor to another.
This signal is used by the windows view to determine if the moved
window has to stay in this view or if another window view instance
has to create an actor for this window and to handle it. (GH #88)
* Do not track and handle window movements and resizes if the
application is suspended. This should lower CPU usage while
application is suspended and a window is moved or resized.
* Reimplement old "hack" resize stage to screen size but this time
also listen for screen size changes. This implementation is only
needed when using Clutter version 1.17.1 or lower. It is checked
at run-time if this "hack" is needed (GH #95)
* Changed method to find desktop window. This fixes problems
finding desktop window in daemon mode (GH #80)
* Show settings application menu entry also in other desktop
environments than Xfce (GH #78)
* Fixed a bug that the windows view did not recognize that a window
has move to the current active workspace when a workspace was
removed and it did not show the moved window in view. (GH #91)
* Fixed a bug that the functions to determine the preferred width
and height in XfdashboardScaledTableLayout are called recursively
and crashes the application
* Fixed calculation of workspace selector's size by fraction or
maximum size in multi-monitor setup by using size of
XfdashboardStageInterface for calculation instead of stage's size
which is the size of all monitors.
* Fixed duplicate IDs in CSS selectors by throwing an error
* Lots of memleaks fixed
* Lots of other bug-fixes
* Lots of typos fixed
* Updated translations:
- es (prflr88)
- he (GenghisKhan)
- it_IT (cri)
- sr (salepetronije)
* New translations:
- fr (jc1)
More information about the Xfce