Terminal window truncating output

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 25 18:40:44 CET 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:17:03 +0100, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> > "Ctrl"Key and "-"-Key, resp. on a German keyboard "Strg"-key and
> > "-"-key,
> this just makes the window smaller.
> Is there a way for roxterm to learn German?

It shouldn't make the window smaller, it should make the font smaller.
Perhaps a conflict with Xfce4 short-cuts? Currently I'm running
openbox. Konsole provides to enlarge and shrink fonts by the same
short-cuts, Xfce-terminal doesn't.

I don't know if there's a German translation available for Roxterm,
since I'm using English for all of the software I'm using. I guess even
for people who prefer German, the language packages for the terminal
emulations aren't that important, since the commands should care about
the LANG variable (or LC_ALL variable) and we usually don't use the
terminal emulation's menu that often.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ echo $LANG $LC_LOCAL
en_US.utf8

So no German, excepted of time and keyboard here.