Terminal window truncating output

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 25 07:04:43 CET 2015

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 00:24:59 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I will have to check out roxterm.

"Welcome

ROXTerm is a terminal emulator intended to provide similar features to
gnome-terminal, based on the same VTE library. It was originally
designed to have a smaller footprint and quicker start-up time by not
using the Gnome libraries and by using a separate applet to provide the
configuration GUI, but thanks to all the features it's acquired over
the years ROXTerm can probably now be accused of bloat. However, it is
more configurable than gnome-terminal and aimed more at "power" users
who make heavy use of terminals.

It can be used as a ROX application, as the name implies, or in any
other X environment." - http://roxterm.sourceforge.net/

:)

I for example seldom use a file browser, more often I use a terminal to
handle directories and files. IMO xfce4-terminal is quite good and I
still use it with older scripts, but nowadays I prefer roxterm.

Btw. IMO Xfce4 is the best DE. I prefer to use openbox and JWM, but
Xfce4 has got a few advantages over those WMs, OTOH those WMs have got
advantages over Xfce4 that often fits better to my work-flow.

Nothing is perfect ;). I switch between Xfce4, JWM and openbox
regarding my needs.