Terminal window truncating output

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 25 04:46:09 CET 2015

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 22:31:02 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> And no horizontal scroll bar.  I'd rather NOT run gnome terminal, as
> xfce SEEMS to have a perfectily reasonable terminal.

Did you resize the window?

There are several reasons why most power users I know prefer roxterm
over any other terminal emulation. I don't understand why you guess
that xfce4-terminal is perfectly reasonable and at the same time you
experience an issue, that you won't experience when using another
terminal emulation.

However, if I don't resize a window, auto-wrapping does work for
xfce4-terminal on my machine. If I resize the window text gets lost.
This issue doesn't happen when using roxterm.