Problem with Sound settings

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:40:21 CET 2015

On 22/01/15 08:38, Stephan Haller wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> what is or will be the difference/advantage using your plugin and using
> the standard mixer plugin with calling pavucontrol in conjunction with
> xfce4-volumed-pulse?

As you know xfce4-mixer-plugin doesn't work well with pulseaudio (mute
function). My plugin also listens to volume control key events so
xfce4-volumed-pulse is no longer needed.

> One advantage I could imagine is that pavucontrol might not be needed
> anymore although it is very handy - IMHO.

The plugin is simply an icon indicating the volume + quick volume
adjustment using mouse/keyboard (like xfce4-mixer plugin) . The plan
is/was to add a menu with extra controls (sliders for speaker/mic
volume, pavucontrol launcher) but I haven't got to this yet.

Andrzej