ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.6.5 released

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 01:22:26 CET 2015

On 20/02/15 10:55, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> On 02/19/2015 06:14 PM, Harald Judt wrote:
>>
>> Release notes for 1.6.5
>> =======================
>> [Note that this is a development release]
>>

> It would have been nice to see added that folder size would be the
> number of entries in a folder rather than the size of the folder
> entity which really does not convey any real knowledge.
>
> And Xarchiver that gets launched on double clicking on a .zip or other
> archive file is really slow.  Plus when you extract it does not give
> any progress information.  You almost have to guess when it is done.
>
> I am running Xfce on Fedora21.

In Manjaro we ship our Xfce edition with Engrampa from the MATE project
(which is a fork of Gnome's File-roller) compiled in such a way that
there is no runtime dependency on MATE components (though there is
*compile-time* dependency). Many Arch Xfce users also use this package
as their thunar-archive-plugin solution.

It works very well.

If you want to look at the PKGBUILD (which shows the configure options
used) and the thunar-archive-plugin script, you can click 'Download
tarball' here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/engrampa-thunar/

--
Regards,