F22 - Xfce 4.12 -- Alt-tab icon size

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Aug 14 11:28:14 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-14 09:05, Renaud  OLGIATI wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 22:36:15 -0500
> Marshall Neill <ramien43 at windstream.net> wrote:
>
>> > And now to record this for 'next time' (Fedora 23 some months from now).
>
>> I hear ya...   You never know when you will need it again.
>> I have so many archives of things I change so I can restore to my
>> liking.
>
> This is the reason I keep in an easily accessible place a text file,
> imaginatively called "cookbook.txt", where I gather all those snippets
> of information that I need to have at hand whenever an update, upgrade
> or change of distribution buggers things up again.

I used to have that as well. However I noticed that it often is easier
to do a google search. And if you have a pretty unique name and have
already asked the question before, finding the info is easy.

The reason is that either I forgot to note things down, or the info is
outdated or procedures have changed just enough or my way of doing tings
has changed. Or I did changes that I did not intend to do and now I see
that there is a better way.

houghi