Missing a font

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Mon Apr 20 00:03:02 CEST 2015

On 04/19/2015 05:33 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 01:21:43 -0700
> ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Qoppa PDF Studio Pro 10.0.0
>> Xfce 4.8
>> Scientific Linux 6.6, x64
>>
>> I am using a fill in PDF tax form that doesn't print so good.
>> Qoppa tech support told me that I am missing the font and
>> that the substitute font they grabbed is the problem.
>>
>> So I opened the PDF in Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro in a virtual
>> machine (XP).  The font in question is:
>>
>>      Helvetica LT Std
>>      Size 8
>>      Baseline Shift: opt
>>      Bold
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1) how do I manage my fonts?
>
> There is a Gnome program called (surprise, surprise) "Font Manager".
> Search your package manager.

Hi Petter,

$ font-manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/font-manager", line 47, in <module>
     import constants
   File "/usr/share/font-manager/constants.py", line 34, in <module>
     from fontutils import pango_get_sample_string
ImportError: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Poop!

>> 2) where do I go to find this font?
>
> You will need to get a copy from a Windows installation, as it is a
> proprietary font. There is a free replacement for it, in Ubuntu the
> package is called "fonts-freefont-ttf", I would guess that it is also
> available in RPM form.

I have a bunch of them kicking around in Virtual Machines.
I will grab the missing font as soon as I figure out how
to install it in Linux.  (Have done it before, so it
shouldn't be too hard to figure out again.)

Thank you for helping me with this.

-T