Missing a font

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Apr 19 14:33:22 CEST 2015

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 01:21:43 -0700
ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Qoppa PDF Studio Pro 10.0.0
> Xfce 4.8
> Scientific Linux 6.6, x64
>
> I am using a fill in PDF tax form that doesn't print so good.
> Qoppa tech support told me that I am missing the font and
> that the substitute font they grabbed is the problem.
>
> So I opened the PDF in Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro in a virtual
> machine (XP).  The font in question is:
>
>     Helvetica LT Std
>     Size 8
>     Baseline Shift: opt
>     Bold
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) how do I manage my fonts?

There is a Gnome program called (surprise, surprise) "Font Manager".
Search your package manager.

> 2) where do I go to find this font?

You will need to get a copy from a Windows installation, as it is a
proprietary font. There is a free replacement for it, in Ubuntu the
package is called "fonts-freefont-ttf", I would guess that it is also
available in RPM form.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"