[SOLVED] Thunar unable to mount

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Tue Oct 14 19:25:08 CEST 2014

El 14/10/14 a las 08:36, jEsuSdA 8) escribió:
> Hi, here another problem with Thunar I can solve after upgrae:
>
> Since glib update, Thunar it is no allowed to mount/unmount devices.
>

> First I receive a message about org.freedesktop.udisk2 promt me to
> introduce the root pastword.
>
> I search and I found several articles talking about policykit and I
> update several related packages (mount, udisk2, policykit-1, gvfs, dbus,
> ...) and now Thunar only show me this message:
>
> "Not authorized to perform operation." message is showed.

Hi!

Thanks to the Debian User Spanish community I found the solution.

This bug affects Thunar and others filemanagers and also avoid to
shuttdown/restart the machine vía XFCE while using LightDM as session
manager.

The bug is related with cgroups and you can find some info here:

The solution:

Update cgmanager y libcgmanager0 to version >= 0.33-1

In Debian you can find the packages here:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cgmanager/  (SID contains
cmanager 0.33-1 but not  libcgmanager0 0.33-1 yet).

To make it working you must add this parameter to kernel:
cgroup_enable=memory .

You can do this every time you starts the machine, but you can do this
permanently doing this:

Edit the file:

/etc/default/grub

Find the line:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet elevator=noop"

an add the parameter cgroup_enable=memory at the end of line, inside the "".

Here the result:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet elevator=noop cgroup_enable=memory"

Basically, you must add the cgroup_enable=memory at the end of the line
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT whatever it was.

We must save the file and update the grub using this command:

update-grub2

Reboot and it will works fine. You can mount/unmount devices from Thunar
and you can shuttdown and reboot the PC from XFCE and from the LightDM
login screen.

I hope this helps anyone who has this misterious problem. ;)

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)