VTE Failed to load terminal capabilities from /etc/termcap

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:29:32 CEST 2014

HI

I am really new on XFEC , this is my first time I build XFCE from source
code ( included Xorg ) .

At the end when I was so happy to finally work on OS build by my self I get
this error:

VTE Failed to load terminal capabilities from /etc/termcap

I found the termcap rpm from red hat ( really old version ) installed and
work like a charm. The RPM only provides that specific file and it works
just fine. However I dont think is the best solution since termcap is a
really old feature, what about terminfo ?

I am using VT 0.28 ( since I only have GTK 2)

Should I change something on the way I compile VTE or XFCE terminal ?

Thanks a lot for all your help and regards

Victor Rodriguez