CAPTCHA exclusion (Was: no wonder you are UNDERdevellopped ...)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 26 17:17:31 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:45:24 +0000
Steve Dodier-Lazaro <sidi at xfce.org> wrote:
> > The link is a link to Arch Linux. A default Arch Linux install comes
> > without a WM/DE and even without X, so it perhaps isn't the best
> > distro for a newbie.
>
> And this is ours:
>
> What is the output of date -u +%jXfce|sha256sum|sed 's/\W//g' if you
> run it in a terminal emulator?

5e94[snip]78e8d

> Note that on some platforms (FreeBSD for example) sha256sum should be
> replaced with sha256 or gsha256sum.

Sure, but at least Arch Linux is Linux and part of the CAPTCHA
refers to Linux [1] and not to FreeBSD. JFTR the FreeBSD questions
mailing list is an open list, you don't need to subscribe to ask for
help ;), so this might be the first place to ask how to handle this
CAPTCHA. Btw. I'm subscribed to FreeBSD questions and I very seldom
receive Spam by the list, even while a bot just needs to send a mail
without being subscribed.

[1]
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ date -u +%V$(uname)
48Linux