NO HTML! - Was and still is: How to install pakcages for xface desktop

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Nov 24 09:03:13 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-24 at 07:04 +0000, Sainadh J wrote:

> i want to install packages which is suggested here.how to install what
> are the installation procedure.please help me.Thanks in advance.

Ok, there was a misunderstanding. Most of us are using MUAs and disable
HTML. I randomly noticed that there is a link under the "here"
http://archive.xfce.org/xfce/4.10/ yet. I haven't notice it before,
since my MUA doesn't display HTML.

Please never send HTML formatted mails to mailing lists.

This aren't packages, this are tarballs. You need to extract the
archives and then compile the source code. To compile the source code,
you need the headers of the dependencies too. It could happen that
needed headers conflict with versions from your distro.

We need much more information to help you!