configure thunar default actions

Kai-Martin Knaak knaak at iqo.uni-hannover.de
Tue Nov 11 11:32:32 CET 2014

Hi,

I'd like to customize the default application for a certain type of files.
This is what I did:

1) right-click on one of the files

2) Open_With -> Open_with_other_Application

3) check Use_as_default_for_this_kind_of_file

4) select one of the recommended application

5) left-click on "Open"
  as expected, the file is opened with the selected application

Now, right-click -> Properties shows the newly configured application.
In addition, xdg-open, gvs-open and exo-open all use the newly configured
application.

In spite of this, the menu I get with right-click on the file still shows
the old default application in the top line "Open With...".
Consequently, a double-click insists to use the old default.

A restart of thunar after killing it with "thunar -q" had no effect. File
properties show my desired default application but double click stubbornly
opens with the old. Same with a complete session logout-login.

Am I missing something obvious?
Any checkbox I should check?
Does anyone else see this behavior?

Is there a config file for thunar where this kind of information is
stored?

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: My system is debian/testing, updated weekly.
    Thunar is at version 1.6.3.1-1

--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211