The weather app--again.

Wes Gregg wes_catfish at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 01:12:00 CET 2014

User ToZ on the XFCE web-forum posted complete and easy to follow "Cut & Paste" instructions for compiling xfce4-weather-app in a thread about the application back when it was failing to provide weather updates. A couple of other solutions were also mentioned including an alternate weather app called My-weather-indicator which appears to be a little more complex than the default app and allows the user to pick from four different weather data providers. I believe the thread is still on the first page (possibly the second, but it has "xfce4-weather-plugin" in its title) of whichever sub-forum it is in.
Hope this helps!

     On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:05 PM, Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

 On Wed, 5 Nov 2014 11:24:09 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> After several attempts to patch etc. this app I
> now juat go to another site and check the weather
> there. When the XFCE distro itself is corrected
> with the necessary patches I'll reinstall XFCE
> from source and hopefully the weather app will
> work properly.
>
> When the XFCE distro proper contains a corrected
> weather app I hope someone will be kind enough to
> post an alert here.

I posted this for you (in the earlier thread) a few weeks ago:
http://www.slackware.com/~rworkman/xfce4-weather-plugin/

Since then, a new 0.8.4 version has been released, so you can
download that and just drop it into place (and remove the two
patches) and it will work too.

-RW