ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.92 released
nomad at froevel.de
Thu May 29 10:00:38 CEST 2014
xfdashboard-0.1.92 "Is there the goal?" was released on 2014-05-29.
This may be the last release candidate for upcoming stable version 0.2.0.
Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
Release notes for 0.1.92
* xfdashboard has now an application icon. Now it is easy to create
a panel launcher to xfdashboard as no icon must be set explicitly.
Many thanks to NyankoSensei
* Added new setting "/switch-to-view-on-resume" to force switching
to specified view when resuming in daemon mode. If not set the
default behaviour is not to switch to any view.
* Added new behaviour to go to top-level menu in applications view
when application resumes
* Modified default theme. Hope it looks better and you like it :)
* Fixed showing only menu items for the current running desktop
environmentwith fallback to Xfce.
* Fixed showing empty folders or sections in applications view
* Fixed showing duplicate folders or sections by merging them if
we refer to same directory file or match in name, description and
* Added workaround for loading themed icon via filename with extension.
That is not supported by default
* Always try to create a GDesktopAppInfo for a GarconMenuItem first to
get full support for launching. Otherwise fallback to old method.
This also fixes the problem that some icons are not shown in
* Fixed bug that ensures "missing-image" icon is shown if no icon
was retrieved from GDesktopAppInfo or GarconMenuElement
* Fixed crash when moving selection after current selection was
* Lots of smaller bug fixes - especially when browsing in
Many thanks goes to NyankoSensei for testing xfdashboard extensively
and creating the application icon for xfdashboard. Also many thanks
to all reporters and commenters - you helped a lot :)
More information about the Xfce