emulate middle mouse button?

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Sat May 17 15:57:21 CEST 2014

Maybe xdotool would be a better solution for you.
See section MOUSE COMMANDS in "man xdotool".

Example for keyboard keys:
 xdotool key Return key X key F key C key E

On Sat, 17 May 2014 06:25:17 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> > > I solved the third-button problem as follows:
> > >
> > > Create as root a new file /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if it does not
> > > exist) and copy in it the following to emulate third button:
> > >
> > > Section "InputClass"
> > > Identifier "middle button emulation class"
> > > MatchIsPointer "on"
> > > Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
> > > EndSection
> >
> > Which key then is the middle mouse button?
>
> No key, just simultaneous click of both right and left mouse buttons.

Is it possible to emulate middle mouse button in that way by clicking
on touch pad with two fingers?