emulate middle mouse button?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat May 17 10:06:39 CEST 2014

On Fri 2014-05-16 (15:39), Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:

> > I have a remote mini keyboard (2.4 GHz) with integrated touchpad, but only
> > left and right mouse mutton and no middle button.
> > The common trick to press both left and right mouse button together does
> > not work with this special device.
>
> I solved the third-button problem as follows:
>
> Create as root a new file /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if it does not exist) and copy in it the following to emulate third button:
>
> 	Section "InputClass"
> 	    Identifier "middle button emulation class"
> 	    MatchIsPointer "on"
> 	    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
> 	EndSection

Which key then is the middle mouse button?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20140516153955.64cce87c at ron.cerrocora.org>