emulate middle mouse button?

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Fri May 16 21:39:55 CEST 2014

On Fri, 16 May 2014 20:20:07 +0200
Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> I have a remote mini keyboard (2.4 GHz) with integrated touchpad, but only
> left and right mouse mutton and no middle button.
> The common trick to press both left and right mouse button together does
> not work with this special device.

I solved the third-button problem as follows:

Create as root a new file /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if it does not exist) and copy in it the following to emulate third button:

	Section "InputClass"
	    Identifier "middle button emulation class"
	    MatchIsPointer "on"
	    Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
	EndSection

I forget if you have to restart X to activate.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed,
      but that he cannot believe anyone else.