screensaver locking desktop

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri May 2 03:27:37 CEST 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 12:48:58PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> Running Ubuntu 12.04 with xfce 4.8.
>
> When I close the lid of the laptop then open it, it requires the
> password to unlock. The option to lock the screen in the screensaver
> setting is not selected.
>
> The questions, of course, are what's activating the screen lock and how to
> stop it

I haven't had any response to this except to uncheck the screen lock in
the screensaver configuration window, which, of course, I noted in my
original post that it *was* unchecked. Can I assume from the crashing
silence that everyone is out of ideas?.......anyone?

--
Bob Holtzman
Our company's mission is to enable data-stream