differences between suspend methods

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfpschneider at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:41:59 CEST 2014

Hi:

Iam trying to diagnose why my laptop behaves differently when using different
suspend methods. I'm running Fedora 20 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

When I suspend from the "Log Out" menu item, my laptop stays suspended.
However, when I suspend by closing the laptop's lid, the laptop often
immediately wakes up.

I suspect that the lid close method is not correctly preparing the laptopfor
suspension, and that some device is initiating the wakeup. However, I don't
know where to look to find out who is doing what, and how.

Does anyone have pointers to gooddescriptions of howsuspend is done in XFCE
and Fedora?

peter