XFCE event sounds missing

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Tue Mar 25 12:38:57 CET 2014

Hi!

I've configured event sounds on XFCE (you can see the steps at the end
of this message).

Some sounds are played (clic button, question, etc.) but some ones are
not played (empty trash can and some others).

My questions are:

- ¿What's happening?
- ¿Are all events in XFCE implemented or there are some missing ones?
- ¿Are all GTK applications event support or are Desktop dependants?

Background:

I've made a custom sound theme, but I've tested using ubuntu-sounds and
freedesktop one and some sounds still not playing.

Here you can download the sound theme (extract and copy to
/usr/share/sounds/ ):

https://mega.co.nz/#!kBBWTBYA!cA6XciPQs9TgKpDDQR7Rsha5v2dc7d9M5Sf-lO660xc

and a little script for testing it:

https://mega.co.nz/#!0JIlGJgY!24sUlReRuZucDt9-1KBufuqKmEV4zTFWHAjqCsurtqc

Note:

/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play -i trash-empty   wokrs fine, but empty the
trash does not play any sound.

HOW TO ACTIVATE EVENT SOUNDS ON XFCE:

1º)

apt-get install dconf-tools sound-theme-freedesktop ubuntu-sounds xfconf
pavucontrol xfce4-mixer
apt-get install sox gnome-session-canberra at-spi at-spi2-core xdg-utils

Login Sound:

Go to settings-settings manager-session & startup-application autostart-add.
For the login sound on the COMMAND Line add:

/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play --id="login"

or  (play a file)

/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play -f
"/usr/share/sounds/pasodoble/stereo/desktop-login.ogg"

2º)

Create and edit the following files if they does not exist:

FILE: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/52libcanberra-gtk-module_add-to-gtk-modules

CONTENT:

if [ -z "$GTK_MODULES" ] ; then
     GTK_MODULES="canberra-gtk-module"
else
     GTK_MODULES="$GTK_MODULES:canberra-gtk-module"
fi
export GTK_MODULES

FILE: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/52libcanberra-gtk3-module_add-to-gtk-modules

CONTENT:

if [ -z "$GTK_MODULES" ] ; then
     GTK_MODULES="canberra-gtk-module"
else
     GTK_MODULES="$GTK_MODULES:canberra-gtk-module"
fi
export GTK_MODULES

3º)

Activate event sounds vía xfce-conf y gconf-editor

XFCE-conf

     RUN: xfce4-settings-editor
     GO: xsettings > Net > SoundThemeName
     CHECK: EnableEventSounds y EnableInputfeedbackSounds
     TYPE the theme name (default, pasodoble, ubuntu, etc.)

GCONF-EDITOR
     RUN: gconf-editor
     GO: desktop > gnome > sound
     CHECK: enable_sounds, enable_feedback_sounds
     TYPE the theme name (default, pasodoble, ubuntu, etc.)

4º)

Use pavucontrol to check the sound event volume.

5º)

Restart and test:

/usr/bin/canberra-gtk-play -i trash-empty