Panel gets stuck

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Mar 17 23:14:19 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 13:30 -0700, Grant wrote:
> >> Has anyone else noticed the panel autohide can get stuck?  This thread
> >> describes the problem although I don't suspend:
> >>
> >> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=145168
> >>
> >> I'm trying the fix described in the last post but is there a bug
> >> report for this?
> >
> > So, you lock your screen and/or go into a power saving mode and you are
> > saying this fixes it: xfce4-panel -r
>
> I don't think my issue has to do with a power saving mode or locked
> screen, although it's possible it is related to xautolock I suppose.
> 'xfce4-panel -r' does fix it.

Ok.

> > And Also setting the panels to not be full width, works?
>
> I'm testing that now.  No stuck panel yet.

I have multiple panels on my page.

I have 1 set to 1% auto expand (notifications and workspaces at the
bottom left, locked.

At the top, 100%, locked.

I've been using for quite a long time and not having any issues.

> > What version xfce-panel are you running?
>
> I'm using xfce4-panel-4.10.1 on Gentoo.

I'm using 4.10.1-1 as compiled by the Debian Xfce Maintainers.

Now, I do get an occasional problem where Xfce4-Term does not allow me
to drag and drop the tabs around from Window to Window or left or
right... but that has been a long time bug in the underlying libraries
libvte (for GTK2 and GTK3)

Good luck!
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Exchange ideas frequently."
    -- James Cash Penney