ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.5 released

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:28:34 CET 2014

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:32:19 +0100
> From: Stephan Haller <nomad at froevel.de>
> To: xfce at xfce.org
> Subject: ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.5 released
>
> xfdashboard-0.1.5 "Let me search it for you" was released on 2014-03-08.
>
> This is a development release.
>

> About xfdashboard
> =================
>
> Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
>
> Website:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de
>
> Documentation:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/doc.html
>
> Bugs/issues/enhancements:
>   https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues
>

> Additional notes
> ================
>
> * URL to website and documentation has changed
> * Documentation about theming was created and is up-to-date for this
>   release. The documentation for theming is located at:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/theming.html
> * Documentation about all settings was created and is located at:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/settings.html
>

> Release notes for 0.1.5
> =======================
>
> * New feature: Added framework for search providers. The search
>   view was rewritten to use the new framework for search providers.
>   A search provider can use any source it wants but should be
>   quick as search is done synchronously. Each search provider must
>   create an actor for each of its result items if requested. Each
>   registered search provider will be called each time a search is
>   performed - either as full search or as incremental search to a
>   previous one if each search term in new search is a prefix of
>   its counterpart in new search and if their order did not change.
> * More actors' properties are themable
> * XfdashboardActor is no more abstract and can be used like a
>   normal ClutterActor (e.g. as container) but remains themable.
> * XfdashboardTextBox can now take a format string and a variable
>   number of arguments through its *_va functions. They act like
>   printf().
> * Increase performance when browsing applications menu by avoiding
>   unnessary rebuilds of this view if any of its view-mode related
>   property has changed.
> * Images are now loaded asynchronously but might flicker
> * Fixed a bug when stage is set to fullscreen but most actors
>   are unuable when using clutter greater or equal to version 1.16.0.
>   This is temporary solution to fix issue #1
> * Fixed visual bug when drawing outline at XfdashboardBackground
>   derived actors. This introduces the first effect named
>   XfdashboardOutlineEffect which takes care to draw outline last
>   and also manages which side of border should be drawn.
> * Some more little bugfixes
>

> Download
> ========
>
> http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.1.5.tar.gz
> http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.1.5.tar.bz2

Hi Stephan,

It appears with this release you've fixed a bug i was having with the
workspace switcher that i've been meaning to report. Nice work. :)

I've updated the package in the AUR (Arch User Repository) for this
release. Soon I may roll it into Manjaro's official binary repos as
well.

Thanks & keep up the good work.

Regards,
Rob McCathie