Many GTK warnings

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Mar 2 18:55:21 CET 2014

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 06:19:20PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Sorry, this is a misunderstanding. The dconf issue I was thinking about,
> happens if you su or sudo a GTK editor, then permissions in /home/user/
> could change from user to root and other apps, e.g. a MUA like Evolution
> won't work anymore.

No problem. Looking further it gets really frustrating on google.
Almost everybody is pointing towards the starting application, while it
seems logical that there is something else going on.

Just doing a search for GLib-GObject-WARNING will show that this is not a
one-off issue.

I wanted to work on a yad website, explaining what it does. (Bit like the
zenity examples), but when you ignore errors, it becomes useless.

e.g.
houghi at penne : yad --calendar --month=13
(yad:24472): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_calendar_select_month: assertion 'month <= 11' failed

This is what I should see. What I get to see is two more lines. This makes
it harder, because that means I can not work with screenshots and/or I
have to edit those lines out.

Using the workaround with the alias gives me no warning that the month is
not correct.

In scripting it adds another layer of complexity, because I need to add a
debugging mode, where I see the errors.

My best guess at this moment is that it might be related to going to
XFCE4.10 from XFCE 4.8 which is wheezy and 4.10 is not. Anybody still on
100% wheezy (XFCE 4.8) who can see if xfce4-about gives any warnings? Also
somebody who is 100% on testing?

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: