Many GTK warnings

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Mar 2 16:47:47 CET 2014

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>
To: xfce at xfce.org
Subject: Re: Many GTK warnings
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 16:44:20 +0100
Mailer: Evolution 3.10.4

GTK apps always spam with tons of irrelevant warnings. Qt apps that care
about dbus do the same. When using a terminal emulation it's more
pleasant to avoid GUI editors. Instead of vi(m) I'm using nano, with the
attached .nanorc. Sometimes I use GUI editors too, then I ignore the
grotesque warnings, if needed set variables and/or reset dconf
permissions if needed. It has nothing to do with your distro's release.
I'm using different distros, oner of them is the distro you are using.