Ne email notification

Tim tim at xendistar.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 09:05:29 CEST 2014

I have just moved from using Xubuntu to SolydX, in both distro's I use
Thunderbird as my email client. In Xubuntu when a new email arrived I
used to get a notification but it was an XFCE notification not a
Thunderbird one, in Solydx when I get a new email I get the Thunderbird
notification. I don't believe I was running the mail watcher plugin on
Xubuntu as I never had the icon on the panel and I never configured any
program to alert me to new emails arriving. Does anybody know how the
new email notification works in Xubuntu as I would like the same to work
Solydx?