Can the Xfce window manager (Xfwm) provide window previews/thumbnails (for DockbarX for example)?

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Fri Jun 13 21:50:31 CEST 2014

Hi,

Sorry but I may be no help. I use Clutter as library which does all the
logic for retrieving the window "previews". All I do is trying to
optimizing the resource usage and telling Clutter when to update the
preview ;)

All I can say is that I believe that you cannot get windows previews
which are minimized or on a different workspace than the active one. As
far I think I understood xfwm4 it is a limitation of it. But please ask
a xfwm4 developer if I'm right. I also would like xfwm4 to allow to get
windows preview for this windows as well.

Regards,
Stephan