ANNOUNCE: xfce4-power-manager 1.3.0 released

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Sat Jun 7 17:49:06 CEST 2014

Am 07.06.2014 12:24, schrieb Simon Steinbeiß:
> Hey.
>
> On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 13:43:11 +0200 Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Great improvements, just my 2¢:
>>
>> 1) I found the greyed-out ("insensitive") labels quite
>> irritating, please use the default color.
>
> Yeah, actually this has also been discussed on the dev-ml. Will try
> to come up with a better/different solution.
>
>> 2) In my opinion, the "Properties" entry should appear on the
>> right-click context menu, like other panel plugins.
>
> Properties yes, but preferences is a different dialog in my
> opinion. The plugin properties goes into the right-click menu (if
> we ever allow different settings for the plugin), but the
> power-manager is a separate app, so in my opinion the launcher for
> this makes sense in the left-click menu. (FTR, this also has been
> discussed on the dev-ml :) )

I see. Perhaps simply choosing "Power Manager" over "Preferences"
could be a better, clearer solution? That's what appears in Xfce
settings too, and it would get rid of this ambiguity. It's not a big
issue, though.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 0xBA3AC516
Fingerprint: 569E 0ADA 440A 8B11 D1A2 AB47 8238 0256 BA3A C516