No "Edit Menu" in Applications menu properties ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jul 22 19:51:33 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 11:01 -0400, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> I don't like Whiskers Menu

You could edit your panel to use the original menu instead.

For my less used Xfce4 install I use both menus, the original in the
always visible panel on top and Whiskers in an auto-hide panel on the
bottom.

If needed, install xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu and replace
xfce4-popup-whiskermenu with it. Whiskers doesn't support editing the
menu, IMO for good reasons, since alacarte and all the other apps I
mentioned, are not able to really edit the menu. I don't know the names
of the packages for your distro ;), so use https://startpage.com/ to
find out what the package is named, the original menu is named
xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu.

Right click on a free area of a panel > Panel > Add New Items... >
Instead of Whiskers Menu chose Applications Menu. To remove Whiskers
Menu right click on it and chose remove.