Is it possible to stop sessions being saved?

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Fri Jan 31 23:21:19 CET 2014

Am Fr 31 Jan 2014 22:58:50 CET schrieb Chris Green:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:39:04PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
>> I'm finding xfce's saving of my session a real pain, I want a *clean*
>> system when I restart, not on littered with junk from the previous
>> session.  Why else would I restart except to clean things up?
>>
>> I have "Save Session for Future Logins" unchecked in the Logout screen
>> but it would seem that if I either shutdown or restart directly then my
>> sesison gets save.
>>
>> Is there any way to prevent this behaviour?  I really want the default
>> to be *not* to save any session information with the possibility that I
>> might occasionally want to save a session.
>>
> Sorry, forget all this, it seems to be working as it should.  I was
> being fooled by the window placing problem noted in my other message.
>
>> See also a separate message about terminal window placing.
>>
> Exactly!  :-)

Just for completeness. If you want to get rid of any saved session,
first disable it in xfce4-session-settings → [ ]  automatically save
session on logout and after that, delete your current session either by
the session tab at the same application or by logging out and deleting
~/.cache/sessions/*.

Together with devilspie this makes really fun.