Xfce is very slow, part 2
hha4491 at web.de
Wed Jan 29 17:49:43 CET 2014
Hi, let me answwer some questions:
1. $>swapon -s
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/dev/sda8 partition 1052220 1120 -1
2. Great script to see the actual amount of ram used per program:
I don't understand how to use it.
3. Also, that's a single-core processor, isn't it?
No, there are 2.
4. There is no need for a PPA. Xubuntu provides a Xubuntu session and a
Xfce4 session in LightDM.
No, it doesn't. LightDM looks like this:
5. I would try running a few programs with the X server off (in tty
mode, no graphical display in use) and see if the slowdown still persists.
How would I see it without windows?
6. Was the install media an official *buntu install media
It was an upgrade.
7. The first 30 min swap size was 1MB, now it is 117, and increasing.
Ohne Zensur suchen:
Googeln ohne Google:
Das heutige Motto:
Reich ist, wer sich bescheidet mit dem, was er hat.
More information about the Xfce