ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.2 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Sun Jan 26 01:44:27 CET 2014

Hi wwp,

Am Sonntag, den 26.01.2014, 01:19 +0100 schrieb wwp:
> > All dependencies should be fulfilled by a normal installation of Xfce
> > 4.10. The only exception is clutter of version 0.12.0 or higher. But
> > here is the full list of dependencies:
> >
> > libwnck >= 2.30
> > clutter >= 1.12
> > glib >= 2.30.3
> > gio >= 2.30.3
> > gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.30.3
> > xfconf >= 4.10.0
> > dbus-glib >= 0.98
> > garcon >= 0.2.0
> >
> > ... and the dependencies of these libraries of course ;)
>
> I see, I know that Xfce 4.10 requires Glib/Gtk+ 2.2x but many Xfce apps
> or plugins have requirement for 2.30 mini, that's something I never
> understood completely.
A litte bit offtopic ;) and I'm afraid that I cannot enlighten
you :( But I can explain how I determined this requirements.

When I started to develop I thought: "Will all distribution use the same
version like my distribution (Gentoo)?" So I looked at all distributions
I think they are the "main distributions" like Fedora, Ubuntu, openSuSE,
Debian and of course Gentoo and that's are the lowest versions of each
library they have in common. Maybe other developer do it similar.

Regards,
Stephan