How to disable notification popups?

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Mon Jan 20 11:57:45 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 20.01.2014 11:22, schrieb wwp:
> Hello Serge,
>

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:49:14 +0400 Serge <omoikane at bk.ru> wrote:
>
>> xfce4-volumed?
>
> Good point, I killed xfce4-volumend and I don't get nasty notifications
> every time pulseaudio plays a wav file.

>> You can just disable xfce volume daemon autostart.
>
> I think I'll even uninstall it. It's useless if it makes noise for
> nothing.
If using PulseAudio as sound daemon I would advice to install
xfce4-volumed-pulse (it's in Gentoo portage at
xfce-extra/xfce4-volumed-pulse) instead of xfce4-volumed which is based
on ALSA if I remember right. Therefore is will pop-up each time a
channel for ALSA is created in PulseAudio.

I use xfce4-volumed-pulse and it's quiet as long as I do not adjust
volume level ;)

Regards,
Stephan