Xfburn Windows Size

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Thu Jan 16 19:27:45 CET 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 17:57 +0100, Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:30:39 -0500 Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net>
> wrote:
>

> > I'm wondering if this might be a "Desktop Theme Issue." I've always
> > had recalcitrant behavior with Dark Themes after a while.
>
> I changed to theme Xfce and change icon set to GNOME but help not, same
> situation.
>
> http://silviosiefke.com/xfburn4.png
>
> > Can you for the temporary time being, select a "Stock/Boring/Default"
> > Theme? something like just plain old "Xfce" or "Xfce-basic."  I know
> > this is a pain, but it might reset things. Also a logout and login
> > should also reset the X server and give you a better representation of
> > the Theme.
>
> I has you can see screenshot.

AHHHH ha. XFBurn did not honor the Theme change did it? Not the big
deal...

Also in the Screenshot.... I see

Maximierung aufheben == cancel maximization

Do that a minute, I think your problem will be dealt with.

> > Also, can you run xfmedia and see if it does the same thing? xfmedia
> > reads the same stuff xfburn but has its own settings.xml

Apparently while I wasn't looking xfmedia was deprecated.

> Sorry what is xfmedia? I found not in portage or System.
>
> > If xfmedia is working properly, then xfburn must be stuck in
> > "maximized" mode. If xfmedia is also faulty... this leads to my
> > thinking it is a theme issue.
> >
> > Also, I've seen in the past ( a few years ago with my T61 Thinkpad and
> > others also experienced this) that is the Video card has multiple
> > outputs, but only one is being used, the "auto resolution" done by "X"
> > doesn't always work out properly.
>
> Maybe is that the problem. I use not active xorg.conf, bcs ever when
> i run X -configure and copy / restart x not want start.
>
> > One other thing to try, if you left click in the upper left hand
> > corner of the xfburn window... is there a "Roll Window Up" option. If
> > there is not, then we also could still have it in "maximized" mode.
>
> No not when i understand. You can see in Screen.

Maximierung aufheben == cancel maximization

Do that a minute, I think your problem will be dealt with.

> > There is my shot. Do with what you want.
>
> Hhh thank you for help. I understand when not really is mistake and must fix.
> Yesterday i work 5 hrs for VLC can play flv files and at end was the librtmp.
>

> Thank you for Help & Nice Day
> Silvio

Get back to us.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Never reach out your hand unless you're willing to extend an arm."
    -- Pope Paul VI