Xfburn Windows Size

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Thu Jan 16 16:30:39 CET 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 15:35 +0100, Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:57:03 +0100 Stephan Haller <nomad at froevel.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Just a shot in the dark as I haven't check the source code. Maybe
> > xfburn doesn't read the settings because it could not open this file
> > in read-write mode. Does it work again if you grant write permission
> > again? And just for understanding: Why did you remove write
> > permission?
>
> The write permission i has remove now i want see xfburn read. But read
> not and with write permissions is same resulat. Window is to big.
>
> siefke ~ $  ls -l .config/xfburn/
> insgesamt 4
> -rw-r--r-- 1 siefke siefke 756 15. Jan 22:03 settings.xml
> siefke ~ $  date
> Do 16. Jan 15:31:22 CET 2014
>
> http://silviosiefke.com/xfburn3.png

I'm wondering if this might be a "Desktop Theme Issue." I've always had
recalcitrant behavior with Dark Themes after a while.

Can you for the temporary time being, select a "Stock/Boring/Default"
Theme? something like just plain old "Xfce" or "Xfce-basic."  I know
this is a pain, but it might reset things. Also a logout and login
should also reset the X server and give you a better representation of
the Theme.

I wonder if there is something XFBurn is paying attention to that is
somehow being mis-interpreted or doubled or something.

Also, can you run xfmedia and see if it does the same thing? xfmedia
reads the same stuff xfburn but has its own settings.xml

If xfmedia is working properly, then xfburn must be stuck in "maximized"
mode. If xfmedia is also faulty... this leads to my thinking it is a
theme issue.

Also, I've seen in the past ( a few years ago with my T61 Thinkpad and
others also experienced this) that is the Video card has multiple
outputs, but only one is being used, the "auto resolution" done by "X"
doesn't always work out properly.

One other thing to try, if you left click in the upper left hand corner
of the xfburn window... is there a "Roll Window Up" option. If there is
not, then we also could still have it in "maximized" mode.

There is my shot. Do with what you want.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Never reach out your hand unless you're willing to extend an arm."
    -- Pope Paul VI