ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.1 released

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:04:47 CET 2014

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 22:48:24 +0100
> From: Stephan Haller <nomad at froevel.de>
> To: xfce at xfce.org
> Subject: ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.1 released
>
> xfdashboard-0.1.1 "Hello world ... again" was released on 2014-01-12.
>
> This is a development release.
>

> About xfdashboard
> =================
>
> Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
>
> Website:
>   https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard
>
> Documentation:
>   http://gmc-holle.github.io/xfdashboard/
>

> Release notes for 0.1.1
> =======================
>
> * I screwed up with tagging for releasing the development version 0.1.0
>   and instead of a force re-tag of 0.1.0 I release this updated version
>   which has a corrected configure.ac.in file needed for packaging.
>
> Download
> ========
>
> https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/archive/0.1.1.tar.gz
> https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/archive/0.1.1.zip

Hello Stephan,

Good work on xfdashboard, I like it already and see a lot of potential.
I am the maintainer of Manjaro's upcoming Netbook edition. With
maximising on screen real estate being a focus, the potential to have
the entire screen available for applications (not even a panel) and a
dashboard-type mode activated with a keypress and/or hotspot, is of
particular interest to me. If not outside the scope of your goals,
would you consider adding a daemon mode for speedier activation and
on-key-up activation, rather than on-key-down like a normal Xfce
keyboard shortcut, (i.e. so it's possible to use Super to activate it
but still being able to use Super+Click to move/resize windows) ...and
support for screen-corner/edge hotspot activation?

Couple of other things:

When preparing your software for packaging on Arch I was alerted to
garcon>=0.2.0 being a dependency, I realise one expects this will
already be installed on a Xfce system, so it's only important in the
case of someone trying to use it outside of Xfce. Nonetheless, you may
want to add it to the deps list on your site.

Also, what license is this software released under? Could you include
a license file?

Regards,
Rob McCathie