desktop for Mageia 4?

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Thu Feb 6 22:25:09 CET 2014

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 06.02.2014, 20:12 +0000 schrieb Beartooth:

> 	I'm not sure what I'm running (and don't know how to check) on a
> new install of Mageia 4; but it sure doesn't seem to me to be my favored
> xfce4. Anybody know a safe and sure way to get it?? (I haven't spotted
> any choice on the login screen ...)
Good question. I have never thought about it ;) Maybe this way helps to
identify the desktop if it is not identified visually.

Run the following command on a terminal at the desktop:

export -p | grep DESKTOP_SESSION

I woulde expect an output similar to this:

declare -x DESKTOP_SESSION="Xfce Session"

I should contain "Xfce".

Another way is look at the running processes with "ps auxfw" and to look
for a process called "xfce4-session". If you can see it  I would say you
are running Xfce.

Regards,
Stephan