gnome-disk-utility

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Fri Aug 29 23:27:42 CEST 2014

On 08/27/2014 03:45 AM, jEsuSdA 8) wrote:
> El 26/08/14 21:29, ToddAndMargo escribió:
>>
>> How do I get that silly icon up in the Xfce task bar to
>> make scary colors when a drive goes bad?
>
> To my knowledge, the gdu-notification-daemon has no tray icon. It only
> shows a warning message when it detects hard drive problems (nothing
> appears if all is Ok).
>
> Something like that:
> https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/524332_404161712927849_1036599377_n.jpg?oh=30d32ba2f479ae70e2f35c1355e9bfdf&oe=546A797E

Confirmed.  I changed out my backup drives and fired up
under the original Scientific Linux 6.2 Live DVD that
gave me the pop up as to the bad backup drives, and
no icon.  And used ps to make sure the notification daemon
was running

By the way, I think they renamed palimpsest to
gnome-disk in Fedora Code 20.