gnome-disk-utility

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Mon Aug 25 19:17:37 CEST 2014

On 08/25/2014 12:46 AM, jEsuSdA 8) wrote:
> El 24/08/14 08:20, ToddAndMargo escribió:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Yum says I have "gnome-system-utility" installed.
>>
>> I can't find it for my life.
>>
>> How do I fire this up in Xfce as a new item in panel 1?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>

> If you like, you can load the gnome-disk-utility at startup adding
>
> /usr/lib/gnome-disk-utility/gdu-notification-daemon
>
> to your XFCE start configuration.
>

> This daemon checks your disk automatically and notifies you if any disk
> is going to crash. Lot of times you can save the data before the disk
> crash. This utility has save me several times to loose data from disks
> before they broke. ;)
>
> Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)

Hi jEsuSdA,

The Scientific Linux Live CD has it and it saved me too!
And I don't want that to ever happen again, which is why
I want it in my task bar.

I found mine over in

     /usr/libexec/gdu-notification-daemon

but running it from the command line, either as user or root,
does nothing.  I get no icon in the task bar.

What am I missing?

If it is not too much trouble, would you mind copy and
pasting your run live from your start up?

Many thanks,
-T