ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.906 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Sat Apr 26 08:11:35 CEST 2014

Hi Marc,

Am Freitag, den 25.04.2014, 21:45 +0200 schrieb Marc MAURICE:
> Hi Stephan,
> >> The blue frame at the top, and the red frame at the right are a bit
> >> flashy.. probably something with the theme ?
> > Uhh ... What do you mean with "flashy"? If you mean ugly or too much
> > presented, then yes, it's true. Sadly I'm not a designer :(
> >
> > The blue frame should show you this widget has the focus at the moemnt
> > while the red one should indicate the current active selection at the
> > focused widget or the current workspace.
> >
> > If you mean something else, could you describe it little bit more in
> > detail? May I ask you to open an issue at
> > https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues ?
> I don't know if it's an issue.
> I thought it was one because on the screenshot on your website there is
> no blue/red frames.
Ok, the documentation was misleading. To be honest I only updated the
docs for theming the last times. Note to myself: Update quick'n'dirty
documentation with new screenshots ;

> For me just a white or white-gray frame would be sufficient, but it's
> just my taste.
A good start for new theme. ;) Maybe you or someone else would like to
try it?

> Also I tested your toggle feature in last git version and it works like
> a charm ! thanks.
> now my ugly script is useless.. you just need to bind xfdashboard -t in
> keyboard preferences.
>
> Also I contributed a AUR package for the cutting edge git version here..
> for archlinux/manjaro users :
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfdashboard-git/
Great. I'm happy :) Thanks for testing and for packaging.