ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.906 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Thu Apr 24 18:43:27 CEST 2014

Hi Marc,

> > To have whiskermenu like behaviour : toggle hide/show with the same key,
> > I binded my keyboard shortcut to a small script :
> > #!/bin/sh
> > pkill xfdashboard || exec xfdashboard
> >
> > whiskermenu provides a "xfce4-popup-whiskermenu" command for that.
> >
> > Is this possible to have a similar command packaged ?
> I think I understand what you want to do. Yes, it sounds like a good
> idea. I think about it ;)
>
> In the meantime, I would advice you not to use pkill to "quit"
> xfdashboard. Instead of using "pkill xfdashboard" you could use
> "xfdashboard -q" to tell it to shutdown gracefully.
I opened an issue at https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues/2
for this request.

Fortunately it is already closed ;) I implemented a new command-line
option -t / --toggle so your script could be shortened to:

----
#!/bin/sh
xfdashboard -t
----

It is in commit 685bca1b1ebbfe5b367a2fb7759301565d75a4c7. Do you mind
testing the lastest git version with the new command-line option and
re-open the issue if it doesn't work?

Regards,
Stephan

PS: Everybody is welcome to test this and xfdashboard at all ;) And I
need your help. I cannot find all bugs on my own.