ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.906 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Tue Apr 22 22:46:37 CEST 2014

Hi Marc,

Am Dienstag, den 22.04.2014, 21:30 +0200 schrieb Marc MAURICE:
> Nice !
Thanks :)

> The blue frame at the top, and the red frame at the right are a bit
> flashy.. probably something with the theme ?
Uhh ... What do you mean with "flashy"? If you mean ugly or too much
presented, then yes, it's true. Sadly I'm not a designer :(

The blue frame should show you this widget has the focus at the moemnt
while the red one should indicate the current active selection at the
focused widget or the current workspace.

If you mean something else, could you describe it little bit more in
detail? May I ask you to open an issue at
https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues ?

> To have whiskermenu like behaviour : toggle hide/show with the same key,
> I binded my keyboard shortcut to a small script :
> #!/bin/sh
> pkill xfdashboard || exec xfdashboard
>
> whiskermenu provides a "xfce4-popup-whiskermenu" command for that.
>
> Is this possible to have a similar command packaged ?
I think I understand what you want to do. Yes, it sounds like a good
idea. I think about it ;)

In the meantime, I would advice you not to use pkill to "quit"
xfdashboard. Instead of using "pkill xfdashboard" you could use
"xfdashboard -q" to tell it to shutdown gracefully.

Regards,
Stephan