K3B strangeness

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Wed Apr 16 14:46:32 CEST 2014

Hi folks,

I'm posting this here because I use XFCE as my desktop (V 4.8, the
latest that's in the Debian Wheezy repos) and I don't know whether or
not that's a factor.

The problem with K3b (that's version 2.0.2) is that it doesn't
recognise ANY of my blank media (I've tried half a dozen blank DVDs,
three DVD+R and three DVD-R) as suitable for writing. However, if I
just create an image of the data I want to burn and then use the 'burn
DVD image' option under the Tools menu to burn the image I've just
created, then it all works fine, with either type of media.

I don't understand this. Obviously the workround is trivial, so it's
nothing more than an annoyance, but it USED to work OK.

Anyone got any ideas?

Brian.