ANNOUNCE: xfce4-mixer 4.11.0 released

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 20:05:22 CEST 2014

On 04/12/2014 04:30 PM, Andrzej wrote :
> [snip]
> gst-0.10 is a good API for systems that do not use pulseaudio. It
> would be nice to have a pulseaudio mixer as well (any volunteers?)
Xubuntu uses pavucontrol [0] for that. Isn't it a good enough mixer for PA ?

For desktop notifications and volum keys support, Xubuntu uses
xfce4-volumed-pulse [1]

For the panel there is indicator-sound-gtk2 [2] (Xubuntu's solution), or
other solutions like pnmixer [3]

[0] http://freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/pavucontrol/

[1] https://launchpad.net/xfce4-volumed-pulse (and
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-volumed-pulse/ to see a PKGBUILD)

[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/saucy/+source/indicator-sound-gtk2

[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pnmixer-xfce4/
> but it doesn't mean we should kill the existing one. Meanwhile, there
> were some patches and a bunch of translation updates waiting for a
> release.
>
> Andrzej

Yes, it's nice to see a new release ! :)