Any geriatric settings?

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 8 02:46:34 CEST 2014

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 17:06:23 -0700
ToddAndMargo wrote:

>   On Wednesday, I go to a customer with failing vision
> to demo Xfce-Live USB.  Problem, the guy can not see too well
> and need HUGE print.  (His grand kids set him up with
> something in Windows where the letters are big and he has
> to scroll the screen back and forth.)
>
> You guys have any prospective to share on the subject?
> Does Xfce have any geriatric settings?

Have a look here

http://linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Access-HOWTO-3.html

The section "Different Screen Resolutions"
You can test on your system
Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus and Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus
increase and decrease screen magnification

    Charles

--
One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they
never have to stop and answer the phone.