Keyboard setup bug/issue

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens at kit.edu
Fri Sep 20 08:53:05 CEST 2013

Am 19.09.2013 23:19, schrieb Christian Jaeger:

> Any way to avoid having to go through this every time I disconnect/connect the
> keyboard?

No help for the problem generally but an easy workaround: You can switch
layouts quickly with 'setxkbmap [layout] [variant]'.

In your case it should be 'setxkbmap ch,de nodeadkeys' if I didn't get
you wrong.

You can just create a button on the desktop or the taskbar with that
command which you simply click when attaching the keyboard.

For the problem in general I think you have to dig into udev rules.

Cheerz,
Lars