Keyboard setup bug/issue

Christian Jaeger chrjae at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 23:19:17 CEST 2013

Hi

I'm using the Swiss german keyboard layout with no dead keys. Somehow, each
time I'm attaching an external keyboard and using that, it will be the
Swiss german layout *with* dead keys, so I have to go to the
Settings/Keyboard, Layout, doubleclick on entry in layout list, choose a
different one, "ok", doubleclick again, choose the Swiss without dead keys,
"ok". Then I also have to run "xmodmap .xmodmaprc" to load a single key
change:

$ cat .xmodmaprc
keycode  133 = less greater less greater backslash brokenbar

Any way to avoid having to go through this every time I disconnect/connect
the keyboard?

Christian.