Xfwm window borders do not respond to touch screen

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Tue Sep 10 07:50:53 CEST 2013

Am 10.09.2013 01:29, schrieb Rene Dohmen:
> Paul,
>
> It feels like i've the same problem. Did you find a solution? I really
> like xfce4 and want to use it a touchscreen desktop.
>
> I have a Ubuntu 12.04.3 with latest 3.8 kernel. We have it on all the
> touch screens here. Quanta Optical touch and Penmount.
> You can't move a window with touch, maximise or close it.
>
> is XFCE useable/tested on touch devices? Feels like a lot of tweaking
> for things like single click to launch apps from desktop and to get the
> close button 250% size.
> I'm building a touch friendly theme now. But I wonder if I should
> continue? Without the ability to close a window from the touchscreen, I
> still need mouse or keyboard..
>
> Kind Regards
> Rene

Hi Paul,

Touch events should work, since they translate to simple clicks. If they
don't, you found a bug either in X or in Xfce.
More important is that Xfce features the classic desktop metaphore with
mouse and keyboard usage. For touch based devices are Unity, Gnome3 or
KDE SC much more suited, since they're developed for that.

Regards