disable minimizing? force maximize?

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Tue Oct 15 20:39:43 CEST 2013

Am Di 15 Okt 2013 17:45:28 CEST schrieb Grant:
>> Hi Grant,
>>
>> Yes, you can do this with devilspie. Just add a rule for maximising everything.
>
> In devilspie, can I prevent window resizing and/or minimizing once a
> window is open?
If you set the application fullscreen, you can't resize and/or minimize
it without first unfullscreening. This action is bind to the shortcut
ALT + F11 in xfwm4. You can't directly force a window to stay open with
devilspie.
If you really want just maximised windows, I suggest to remove the
window decorations.
I can give more hints if you express your use case more clear.

> Is there a devilspie script for applying a rule to all windows?
If you don't restrict the selection of windows by IF-statements, than
the rule is applied to every window, because it matches on every
window. A single
~/.devilspie/fullscreen.ds:
( fullscreen )

in it or a